The Application Engineer positions the company as an industry leader by providing technical support for the entire sales lifecycle and by providing programming training to end users. This role will also focus on demo development and testing of new cutting technology, while collaborating with engineering management and the marketing team.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
- Design and implement cutting demos with a focus on new technologies and products
- Work with marketing to document cutting demos and development items
- Provide programming training for end users based on customized needs of each application
- Develop and present contents of scheduled programming classes to both internal and external customers
- Support other internal staff with intermediate to advanced level technical knowledge for the full product line
- Provide technical customer support for programming issues
- Support the full sales life cycle by performing customer visits, product demonstrations, time studies, etc.
- Communicate with internal sales force and customers regarding project process updates via phone and email
- Support training and/or coaching of internal and external customers in relation to advanced manufacturing concepts
- Execute other technical tasks related to special events (ToyoTech, IMTS, etc.) and/or sales support on an as-needed basis
The Application Engineer has no personnel supervisory responsibilities, but (s)he facilitates training of others and has direct responsibility of short/long term projects and their strategic objectives.
The Application Engineer must be flexible for company funded travel during 50-60% of her/his typical work week. Some projects require travel by automobile/car and/or airplane. International and overnight travel may be required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to provide valid proof of identity and valid United States work authorization documentation
- Ability to successfully complete a company-paid drug test and pre-employment baseline physical
- Hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate ancillary equipment, tools, and office equipment
- Written and verbal communication skills in the English language, including ability to communicate with C-level executives
- Attention to detail, self-motivation, organization, and the ability to process confidential information
- Color vision, hearing, and the ability to push lift at least 35 pounds overhead
- Advanced mathematical skills (probability, statistical interference, concepts of geometry/trigonometry)
- Ability to interpret advanced technical engineering documents (schematic drawings, machine/part blueprints, etc.)
- Advanced electrical and mechanical aptitude, knowledge of machining fundamentals, GD&T knowledge, and/or statistics
Required Education, Experience, and Licensing:
- Bachelor degree in Manufacturing Engineering or other applicable discipline, or 5+ years equivalent experience/knowledge
- Valid driver/operator license that grants the availability for unrestricted travel
- 3+ years of experience with the Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience with daily use of engineering software (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience with Fanuc controls
- 5+ years of experience with current programming, setup, and operation of CNC horizontal, vertical, and/or turning machines
- 5+ years of experience with manual G-code programming and 5-axis programming
- 5+ years of experience with MasterCam or Esprit is highly desired
- Certificate, licensing, or equivalent experience in a skilled trade related to machine tool technology is highly desired
- Prior application of the appropriate education and/or experience to the Toyoda (or similar) product line is highly desired
- Valid documentation that grants the availability for international travel by land and/or air is highly desired
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work may be performed in a manufacturing setting with exposure to health or safety hazards that requires the use of personal protective equipment such as safety shoes, safety glasses with side shields, and hearing protection.
EOE/AA/ADA: All are encouraged to apply.