The Warehouse Support Associate facilitates the receipt, sending, and/or documentation for purchased materials, equipment, and supplies delivered to/from the company’s central storage area.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
- Execute receipt/shipment of goods/supplies to be used in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to customers
- Arrange for pick-up in accordance with instructions on the customer purchase order or other supporting documentation
- Report any defective materials or questionable condition(s) to the appropriate internal and external contact(s)
- Receive/send and unload/load freight either manually or with equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks
- Maintain quality control by checking incoming and outgoing shipments for damage and verifying quantity of shipment contents
- Support inventory management by maintaining adequate supply of all shipping materials in stock at all times
- Execute administrative tasks and/or tasks related to special events (ToyoTech, IMTS, etc.) on an as-needed basis
The Warehouse Support Associate has no personnel supervisory responsibilities, but (s)he has direct responsibility of short/long term projects and their strategic objectives.
The Warehouse Support Associate must be flexible for company funded travel during 0-5% of her/his typical work week. Occasional special events may require travel by automobile/car and/or airplane.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to provide valid proof of identity and valid United States work authorization documentation
- Ability to successfully complete a company-paid drug test and pre-employment baseline physical
- Hearing, color vision, and the ability to push at least 50 pounds and lift at least 75 pounds
- Ability to bend, twist, crouch, sit, and stand for long periods of time
- Hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate ancillary equipment, tools, and office equipment
- Written and verbal communication skills in the English language, including ability to communicate with C-level executives
- Attention to detail, self-motivation, organization, and the ability to process confidential information
- Knowledge of basic math skills (adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, etc.) and estimation of weight
- Ability to interpret visual aids to satisfy packaging standards
- Availability for work during at least 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM central time (open availability is highly desired)
- Knowledge of how to complete transactions that involve bills of lading (BOLs) is highly desired
Required Education, Experience, and Licensing:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED, etc.)
- 1+ year(s) of experience with the Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- 1+ year(s) of experience with warehousing, order picking, inventory, transportation, and/or shipping/receiving functions
- 1+ year(s) of experience with inventory management (especially in the manufacturing industry)
- 1+ year(s) of experience with computer-based logistics software (UPS, FEDEX, etc.)
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Work is most often performed in a manufacturing environment with exposure to health or safety hazards that require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety shoes, safety glasses with side shields, and hearing protection.
EOE/AA/ADA: All are encouraged to apply.