The Associate Buyer maximizes efficiency by controlling the flow of goods and services for all functional areas.
- Create purchase orders (POs) from requests for quote (RFQ / RQN) and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) requests
- Execute and issue material requirements planning (MRP) suggested POs as directed by Buyers
- Maintain integrity of the MRP system through monitoring and reporting of purchasing transactions (PO entry, revisions, etc.)
- Review open order status report with suppliers
- Review acknowledgements for agreement with POs and collaborate with appropriate parties (Buyer, etc.) to resolve issues
- Execute other tasks related to daily operations, and/or special events (ToyoTech, IMTS, etc.) as needed
The Associate Buyer has no direct personnel supervisory responsibilities but may have responsibility for short or long term projects.
The Associate Buyer must be flexible for company funded travel during 0-10% of the typical work week. Occassional projects may require travel by automobile/car and/or airplane.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to provide valid proof of identity and valid United States work authorization documentation
- Ability to successfully complete drug test, pre-employment baseline physical, and background screen in accordance with law
- Hearing, color vision, and the ability to push at least 10 pounds and lift at least 5 pounds
- Hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate office equipment
- Written and verbal communication skills in the English language, including ability to communicate with C-level executives
- Attention to detail, self-motivation, organization, and the ability to process confidential information
- Ability to apply customer service skills to work with both internal and external customers
- Understanding of purchasing department role in an ERP/MRP environment
- Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of machining fundamentals is highly desired
- Ability to interpret technical engineering documents (schematic drawings, machine/part blueprints, etc.) is highly desired
Required Education, Experience, and Licensing:
- Baccalaureate degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent education/experience
- 1+ year(s) of experience with the Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- 1+ year(s) of experience with use of enterprise resource planning (ERP) purchasing systems
- 2+ years of experience with supplier management, purchasing of materials, and inventory management
- Application of prior supply chain management experience to a manufacturing environment is highly desired
- Post-secondary certificate or licensing in a trade related to supply chain management (CSCP, CPIM, etc.) is highly desired
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is mostly performed in an office-type setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards which require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection. The duties of this position require sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment.
EOE/AA/ADA: All are encouraged to apply.