The Receptionist/Operator represents the primary contact for the company by welcoming visitors, directing all incoming calls/inquiries to their appropriate destination, and maintaining security during standard business hours at the corporate headquarters.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
- Answer, interpret, and direct incoming phone calls from a six (6) line IP system using an online call monitoring application
- Greet employees, visitors, customers, and vendors while connecting them with their applicable host in a timely manner
- Promote building security by ensuring visits from visitors, customers, and vendors are recorded in visitor management system
- Partner with key contacts and department leaders to create and distribute a company attendance list on a daily basis
- Coordinate the pickup of express/courier mail services (FedEX, UPS, etc.)
- Maintain a lobby digital information display in accordance with standards (LCD screen)
- Support department leaders with administrative tasks related to special events
- Maintain relationships with representatives of preferred vendors and support them during their on-site visits
- Execute other administrative, support, and/or clerical tasks as assigned on an as-needed basis
The Receptionist/Operator has no personnel supervisory responsibilities, but may have responsibility for management of short/long term projects and their strategic objectives.
The Receptionist/Operator is responsible for travel during 0-5% of her/his typical work schedule.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to provide valid proof of identity and valid United States work authorization documentation
- Ability to successfully complete a company-paid drug test and pre-employment physical
- Hearing, vision, and the ability to push 15 pounds and lift 10 pounds
- Availability for on-site work during 100% of the company’s business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM central time)
- Hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate computer keyboard, telephone, scanner/copier, and other similar office equipment
- Written and verbal communication skills in the English language, including ability to communicate with C-level executives
- Self-motivation and detail orientation
- Written and verbal communication skills in the Spanish, Japanese, and/or Portuguese languages is/are highly desired
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED, etc.)
- 1+ year(s) of experience with incoming and outgoing call management from a multi-line system
- 1+ year(s) of experience with customer service of both internal and external customers
- 1+ year(s) of experience with the Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- 1+ year(s) of experience with an electronic call monitoring system (Vonage Receptionist Client, etc.) is highly desired
- 1+ year(s) of experience with an electronic visitor management and/or security system (LobbyGuard, etc.) is highly desired
- 1+ year(s) of related experience in the manufacturing or machine tool industry is highly desired
- Post-secondary degree or certificate in Business, Corporate Communications, or other applicable discipline is highly desired
- Baccalaureate degree in Business, Corporate Communications, or other applicable discipline is highly desired
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Work is mostly performed while seated in an office environment with minimal exposure to health and safety hazards, and with substantial time spent working with computer equipment. The duties of the Receptionist/Operator may occasionally require exposure to manufacturing areas which require the use of personal protective equipment including but not limited to safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection.
EOE/AA/ADA: All are encouraged to apply.