The Proposal Engineer positions the company as an industry leader by providing technical project plans for implementation of manufacturing solutions that satisfy customer application needs.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
- Prepare competitive technical quotes/proposals and related information based on customized needs of each application
- Develop and present contents of technical quotes/proposals for the proposed solution to potential customers
- Support other internal staff with intermediate to advanced level technical knowledge for the full product line
- Provide cycle time estimations, process capability guarantees, tooling layouts, and/or tooling option recommendations
- Establish project costs and potential profit margins for internal engineering resources, fixtures, and tooling
- Collaborate with internal staff and manage full life cycle of turnkey projects from initial RFQ to completion
- Communicate with internal sales force and customers regarding project process updates via phone and email
- Support training and/or coaching of internal and external customers in relation to manufacturing concepts
- Partner with representatives of preferred vendors/customers to select and design appropriate auxiliary items
- Execute other tasks related to special events (ToyoTech, IMTS, etc.) and/or sales support on an as-needed basis
The Proposal Engineer has no personnel supervisory responsibilities, but (s)he facilitates training of others and has direct responsibility of short/long term projects and their strategic objectives.
The Proposal Engineer must be flexible for company funded travel during 10-30% of her/his typical work week. Some projects require travel by automobile/car and/or airplane. International and overnight travel may be required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to provide valid proof of identity and valid United States work authorization documentation
- Ability to successfully complete a company-paid drug test and pre-employment baseline physical
- Hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate ancillary equipment, tools, and office equipment
- Written and verbal communication skills in the English language, including ability to communicate with C-level executives
- Attention to detail, self-motivation, organization, and the ability to process confidential information
- Intermediate to advanced mathematical skills (probability, statistical interference, concepts of geometry/trigonometry)
- Ability to interpret technical engineering documents (schematic drawings, machine/part blueprints, etc.)
- Advanced electrical and mechanical aptitude, knowledge of machining fundamentals, GD&T knowledge, and/or statistics
- Written and verbal communication skills in the Spanish and/or Japanese languages is/are highly desired
Required Education, Experience, and Licensing:
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or other applicable discipline, or equivalent experience/knowledge
- Valid driver/operator license that grants the availability for unrestricted travel
- 2+ year(s) of experience with the Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- 2+ year(s) of experience with daily use of engineering software (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, etc.)
- 2+ year(s) of experience with training, mentoring or coaching others in relation to manufacturing concepts
- 1+ year(s) of experience with close-tolerance machining and related metrology is highly desired
- Certificate, licensing, or equivalent experience in a skilled trade related to machine tool technology is highly desired
- Valid documentation that grants the availability for international travel by land and/or air is highly desired
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work may be performed in a manufacturing setting with exposure to health or safety hazards that requires the use of personal protective equipment such as safety shoes, safety glasses with side shields, and hearing protection.
EOE/AA/ADA: All are encouraged to apply.