The Product Engineer provides technical information and support for solutions to meet customer, installation and shipment demands.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
- Create and maintain technical drawings and bill of materials (BOM) for all options and accessories
- Maintain the integrity of part numbers, descriptions, and inventory values of parts in an ROI ERP system
- Create and maintain open job log and prioritize jobs to maintain delivery schedules
- Initiate engineering releases and purchase requisitions to fulfill requirements of internal sales orders
- Analyze customer requests and provide technical recommendations for best solution(s) to support individual need(s)
- Collaborate with internal departments and external vendors on selection, design, and delivery schedule of fixtures and tooling packages for turnkey projects
- Collaborate with internal departments and external vendors to troubleshoot, establish corrective action, and implement modifications of fixtures and tools as required during development of turnkey projects
- Execute other tasks related to special events (ToyoTech, IMTS, etc.) or the business on an as-needed basis
The Product Engineer has no personnel supervisory responsibilities, but (s)he has direct responsibility of short/long term projects and their strategic objectives.
The Product Engineer must be flexible for company funded travel during 0-5% of her/his typical work week. Some projects may require travel by automobile/car and/or airplane.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to provide valid proof of identity and valid United States work authorization documentation
- Ability to successfully complete a company-paid drug test and pre-employment baseline physical
- Hearing, color vision, and the ability to push at least 10 pounds and lift at least 5 pounds
- Hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate office equipment
- Written and verbal communication skills in the English language, including ability to communicate with C-level executives
- Attention to detail, self-motivation, organization, and the ability to process confidential information
- Mechanical aptitude, and knowledge of manufacturing concepts (GD&T, statistical criteria, etc.)
- Ability to interpret advanced design engineering documents (schematic drawings, machine/part blueprints, etc.)
- Understanding of fundamentals of design, drawing standards, BOM, and creation of supporting documentation necessary to adapt current machine design and incorporate unique options
- Understanding of fluid power hydraulic systems is highly desired
- Ability to work in fluid volumes for coolant systems is highly desired
- Written and verbal communication skills in the Spanish, Japanese, and/or Portuguese languages is/are highly desired
Required Education, Experience, and Licensing:
- Baccalaureate degree in Mechanical Engineering, Design Engineering, or other applicable discipline or equivalent experience
- 3+ year(s) of experience with the Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- 3+ year(s) of experience with the advanced functions of AutoCAD and SolidWorks 3D modeling
- 3+ year(s) of experience with application of fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- 3+ year(s) of experience with application of math concepts (probability, statistical interference, etc.) to practical situations
- 3+ year(s) of experience with calculation of pressure, flow, and volume as they relate to fluid and air applications
- Experience with design engineering functions as they relate to the manufacturing or machine tool industry is highly desired
- Post-secondary certificate or licensing in a trade related to mechanical and/or design engineering is highly desired
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is mostly performed in an office-type setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards which require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection. The duties of this position require sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment.
EOE/AA/ADA: All are encouraged to apply.