The Service Coordinator drives profitability of our entire business unit by acting as the liaison between customers and employees; this role facilitates interface between all parties involved in transactions related to the service department.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
- Accurately route and/or directly address initial customer inquiry by using a multi-line (six lines) VoIP phone system
- Assist all internal and external customers who are seeking transactions that require resources from the service department
- Communicate with local and remote customers/staff regarding billing disputes, scheduling, material control, and project tasks
- Prepare quotations, requisitions, and documents related to invoicing, accounting, expense reporting and/or payroll
- Schedule and monitor on-site fulfillment of customer requests by using a cloud-based field management system (ServiceMax)
- Prepare reporting and presentations by collecting and analyzing information and trends
- Communicate with area management regarding escalated issues and the progress of their resolution
- Maintain relationships with contacts from frequent customer and partner companies
- Execute other tasks related to daily operations and/or special events (ToyoTech, IMTS, TASC, etc.) as needed
The Service Coordinator has no direct personnel supervisory responsibilities, but he/she has frequent project management responsibility.
The Service Coordinator must be flexible for company funded travel for up to about 0-5% of his/her typical work week.
Required Knowledge Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to provide valid proof of identity and valid United States work authorization documentation
- Ability to successfully complete a company-paid drug test and pre-employment baseline physical
- Ability to hear and the ability to push at least 15 pounds and lift at least 10 pounds
- Hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate office equipment
- Written and verbal communication skills in the English language, including ability to communicate with C-level executives
- Attention to detail, self-motivation, organization, the ability to multi-task, and the ability to process confidential information
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to be held accountable for project management
- Written/verbal communication skills in the Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, and/or Portuguese languages is/are highly desired
- Availability for on-site work during at least 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday-Friday (open availability is highly desired)
- Ability to interpret technical engineering documents (schematic drawings, machine/part blueprints, etc.) is highly desired
Required Education, Experience and Licensing:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED, etc.)
- 1+ year(s) of experience/training with the Microsoft suite of products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- 1+ year(s) of experience/training with advanced customer service concepts and project management
- 1+ year(s) of experience/training with basic accounting functions is highly desired
- 1+ year(s) of experience/training with a cloud-based field service management system (ServiceMax, etc.) is highly desired
- 1+ year(s) of experience/training using a multi-line phone system (VoIP) in an administrative/support role is highly desired
- Post-secondary degree/certificate or license in a field of study related to customer service is highly desired
- Prior application of any of the above to the manufacturing and/or machine tool industry is highly desired
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Work is most often performed in an office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards that require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety shoes, safety glasses with side shields, and hearing protection. However, occasional work may be performed in a manufacturing environment that includes both surface-based and airborne industrial chemicals.
EOE/AA/ADA: All are encouraged to apply.