The Spindle Rebuild Technician develops economical solutions to technical issues with the company’s complete offering of machine tool products, but maintains primary focus on the spindle.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
- Install, repair, and/or rebuild all spindle components, machines, systems, and ancillary equipment
- Verify conformance of parts to stock list and blueprints
- Identify and resolve any functional issues that occur with machines used for demonstration
- Support the field team with on-site installation assistance, technical support, and event preparation for trade show settings
- Analyze findings to determine the source of mechanical and/or technical issues
- Recommend repair, replacement, and/or other corrective action for the spindle assembly
- Monitor product quality and efficiency by verifying alignment and tolerances of moving parts
- Execute other tasks related to special events (ToyoTech, IMTS, etc.) or the manufacturing process on an as-needed basis
The Spindle Repair Technician has no personnel supervisory responsibilities, but (s)he may have direct responsibility of short/long term projects and their strategic objectives.
The Spindle Repair Technician must be flexible for company funded travel during 0-25% of her/his typical work week. Some special events (IMTS, etc.) may require travel by automobile/car and/or airplane.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to provide valid proof of identity and valid United States work authorization documentation
- Ability to successfully complete a company-paid drug test and pre-employment baseline physical
- Hearing, color vision, and the ability to push at least 75 pounds and lift at least 50 pounds
- Hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate ancillary equipment, tools, and office equipment
- Ability to climb/descend ladders and the ability to bend/twist
- Written and verbal communication skills in the English language, including ability to communicate with C-level executives
- Attention to detail, self-motivation, organization, and the ability to process confidential information
- Ability to interpret technical engineering documents (schematic drawings, machine/part blueprints, etc.)
- Electrical and/or mechanical aptitude, and knowledge of machining fundamentals
- Intermediate mathematical skills (probability, statistical interference, concepts of geometry/trigonometry) are highly desired
- Written and verbal communication skill in the Spanish, Japanese, Portuguese, and/or French languages is/are highly desired
Required Education, Experience, and Licensing:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED, etc.)
- Valid driver/operator license that grants the availability for unrestricted travel
- 1+ year(s) of experience with the Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- 1+ year(s) of experience with measuring instruments and gauging devices (micrometers, bore gauges, etc.)
- 2+ year(s) of experience with applying electrical and/or mechanical knowledge to engineering-related concepts
- 2+ year(s) of experience with repair and/or fabrication of mechanical assemblies/devices
- 2+ year(s) of experience with close-tolerance machining and related metrology
- 2+ year(s) of experience with rigging in the manufacturing and/or machine tool industry is highly desired
- Prior application of the appropriate education, experience, and licensing to the Toyoda product line is highly desired
- Valid documentation that grants the availability for international travel by land and/or air is highly desired
- Post-secondary certificate or licensing in a skilled trade related to machine tool technology is highly desired
- Baccalaureate degree in maintenance technology, engineering, or other applicable discipline is highly desired
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is mostly performed in a manufacturing setting with exposure to health or safety hazards that requires the use of personal protective equipment such as safety shoes, safety glasses with side shields, and hearing protection.
EOE/AA/ADA: All are encouraged to apply.