The Field Service Technician drives customer satisfaction by installing or providing support of electrical and mechanical aspects of the company’s complete offering of machine tool solutions.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
- Install new CNC machine tool systems at customer facility (including all options and accessories on all machine types)
- Analyze findings to troubleshoot and determine source(s) of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and/or application issues
- Coordinate problem resolution and recommend repair, replacement, and/or other corrective action for CNC machine tools
- Provide on-site and remote support (telephone, email, etc.) to customers, distributors, and colleagues
- Provide project management and training as required
- Execute other tasks related to special events (ToyoTech, IMTS, etc.) and/or service support on an as-needed basis
The Field Service Technician has no personnel supervisory responsibilities, but may support training of others and has responsibility for management of short/long term projects and their strategic objectives.
The Field Service Technician must be flexible for company funded travel during 90-100% of his/her work week. Many projects may require travel by automobile/car and/or airplane. International travel may be required.
Required Knowledge Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to provide valid proof of identity and valid United States work authorization documentation
- Ability to successfully complete a company-paid drug test and pre-employment baseline physical
- Hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate ancillary equipment, tools, and office equipment
- Written and verbal communication skills in the English language, including ability to communicate with C-level executives
- Attention to detail, self-motivation, organization, and the ability to process confidential information
- Color vision, hearing, and the ability to push at least 100 pounds and lift at least 50 pounds
- Ability to climb/descend ladders and the ability to bend/twist
- Ability to interpret engineering documents such as schematic drawings and blueprints
- Knowledge of leveling, checking, and adjusting the geometry of CNC machinery
- Understanding of hydraulic/pneumatic/lubrication circuits
- Knowledge of PLC programming/troubleshooting, control systems, digital servo systems, and power circuits is highly desired
- Knowledge of repair of mechanical devices, close-tolerance machining, and/or related metrology is highly desired
- Integration experience with PLC and CNC controls on machine tools is highly desired
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver/operator license that grants the availability for unrestricted travel
- 2+ years of experience with the Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience/training in machine tool maintenance/technology (both electrical and mechanical)
- 3+ years of experience/training in machine tool remote technical support (both electrical and mechanical) is highly desired
- Prior experience with installation and/or maintenance of Toyoda machine tool systems is highly desired
- Prior experience with installation and/or maintenance of lathe systems is highly desired
- Post-secondary degree/certificate or licensing in a skilled trade related to machine tool technology is highly desired
- Baccalaureate degree in maintenance technology, engineering, or other applicable discipline is highly desired
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Work is mostly performed in a manufacturing setting with exposure to health and safety hazards, and with substantial time spent working with ancillary equipment. The duties of the Field Service Technician frequently require exposure to manufacturing areas which require the use of personal protective equipment including but not limited to safety glasses with side shields, safety boots, and mandatory hearing protection.
EOE/AA/ADA: All are encouraged to apply.