The Manufacturing Technician develops economical solutions to technical issues with the company’s complete offering of machine tool products.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
- Install, repair, and/or rebuild all machines, systems, and ancillary equipment
- Identify and resolve any functional issues that occur with machines used for demonstration
- Support the field team with on-site installation assistance, technical support, and event preparation for trade show settings
- Analyze findings to determine the source of mechanical and/or technical issues with the full product line
- Coordinate problem resolution and recommend repair, replacement, and/or other corrective action for the full product line
- Monitor product quality and efficiency
- Execute other tasks related to special events (ToyoTech, IMTS, etc.) or the manufacturing process on an as-needed basis
The Manufacturing Technician has no personnel supervisory responsibilities, but (s)he may have direct responsibility of short/long term projects and their strategic objectives.
The Manufacturing Technician must be flexible for company funded travel during 0-25% of her/his typical work week. Some projects require travel by automobile/car and/or airplane. International and overnight travel may be required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to provide valid proof of identity and valid United States work authorization documentation
- Ability to successfully complete a company-paid drug test and pre-employment baseline physical
- Hearing, color vision, and the ability to push at least 100 pounds and lift at least 50 pounds
- Hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate ancillary equipment, tools, and office equipment
- Ability to climb/descend ladders and the ability to bend/twist
- Availability for on-site work during 100% of the company’s business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM central time)
- Written and verbal communication skills in the English language, including ability to communicate with C-level executives
- Attention to detail, self-motivation, organization, and the ability to process confidential information
- Ability to interpret technical engineering documents (schematic drawings, machine/part blueprints, etc.) is highly desired
- Electrical and/or mechanical aptitude, and knowledge of machining fundamentals is/are highly desired
- Written and verbal communication skills in the Spanish and/or Japanese languages is/are highly desired
Required Education, Experience, and Licensing:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED, etc.)
- Valid driver/operator license that grants the availability for unrestricted travel
- 1+ year(s) of experience with the Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- 0-5 year(s) of experience with applying electrical and/or mechanical knowledge to engineering-related concepts
- 0-5 year(s) of experience with repair and/or fabrication of mechanical assemblies
- 1-5 year(s) of experience with close-tolerance machining and related metrology is highly desired
- 1-5 year(s) experience with repair of mechanical devices is highly desired
- 1-5 year(s) experience with support and/or development of engineering documentation is highly desired
- Prior application of the appropriate education, experience, and licensing to the Toyoda product line is highly desired
- Valid documentation that grants the availability for international travel by land and/or air is highly desired
- Post-secondary certificate or licensing in a skilled trade related to machine tool technology is highly desired
- Baccalaureate degree in maintenance technology, engineering, or other applicable discipline is highly desired
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is mostly performed in a manufacturing setting with exposure to health or safety hazards that requires the use of personal protective equipment such as safety shoes, safety glasses with side shields, and hearing protection.
EOE/AA/ADA: All are encouraged to apply.